Business continuity planning
Business continuity planning requires strategies for network diversity.
Business continuity planning is a critical component of enterprise competitiveness. During an outage—whether due to natural disaster, hardware failure or software malfunction—businesses cannot continue to function as usual, much less keep pace with competitors.
Most enterprises have experienced an IT or technology outage at some point in the past five years, according to a 2016 study by Forrester. Yet more than half of companies in the study were unprepared for outages caused by field software and firmware upgrades, natural disasters or fiber cuts.
One essential ingredient of business continuity planning is network diversity, and enterprise cloud services have much to offer in this area. By providing resiliency and network redundancy, cloud services and hosted services can play an important role in business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
When choosing partners to provide greater network diversity for business continuity planning, a growing number of America’s largest businesses are turning to Spectrum Enterprise.
Business continuity planning with Spectrum Enterprise.
Spectrum Enterprise offers scalable, flexible, fiber technology that enables enterprises nationwide to compete more effectively, innovate more easily and profit more successfully. Our enterprise solutions include fiber Internet, video services, enterprise voice technology, network services and cloud solutions, providing a comprehensive approach to network diversity and business continuity planning.
Internet access is key to network diversity, and our fiber gigabit Internet services ensure high availability 24/7/365. Highly competitive SLAs provide reliable availability via thousands of fiber route miles and fiber-lit buildings nationwide.
Spectrum Enterprise technology for business continuity planning.
In addition to fiber Internet access, we offer an array of solutions to support business continuity planning.
- Self-service Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) from Navisite, part of Spectrum Enterprise, provides a warm disaster recovery site where content can be replicated to a cloud environment to support business continuity planning.
- Our Hosted Voice solution provides a managed enterprise voice service with fully redundant facilities-based IP core infrastructure that ensures availability.
- Navisite Desktop-as-a-Service solutions provide a virtual desktop in the cloud to support remote workers as well as business continuity planning.
- Ethernet services help to keep disparate sites connected and to increase network diversity.
- Managed services for routers, WiFi and other infrastructure help to ensure that critical technologies are maintained, upgraded and monitored to ensure high availability.
- Geographically diverse data centers also help to improve network diversity by providing greater resiliency and redundancy.
Learn more about network services from Spectrum Enterprise, and about solutions for big data analytics.