EVPL: Secure, High-Speed Hub-and-Spoke Connectivity
- Privacy: All data travels within the secure domain of a Layer 2 dedicated, high-capacity, point-to-point connection at native Ethernet speeds.
- Single Interconnection: A hub aggregates all data traffic on a single network between one central location or data center and smaller locations.
- Standards-Based: Depend on Ethernet Virtual Private Line with our MEF CE 2.0 Certifications.
- Traffic Separation: maintain discrete pathways when you consolidate previously separate domains for specific applications or departments onto a single network.
- Cost Savings: a single handoff reduces network equipment and management costs.
Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) overview
For businesses with a headquarters office and branch locations, Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) provides essential high-speed point-to-multipoint connectivity. EVPL helps multi-location companies streamline network management with configuration options to support your offices.
EVPL provides an Ethernet Virtual Connection (EVC) between three or more locations, similar to Ethernet Private Line service. But it also permits multiplexing multiple services (EVCs) on a single User-to-Network Interface (UNI) at your hub or aggregation site.