How to: Create a CNAME Record
- Starting from a blank Create DNS Record form, select the CNAME radio button.
Note: The field names on the form change to reflect the naming convention for CNAME records. The CNAME record field names are Alias Name, Canonical Name, and TTL
- In the Alias field enter the Alias value you want to apply to this record.
- In the Canonical Name field enter the location to which the alias should point.
- Click the Create button to submit the record for creation.
- The Interface tool will display a CNAME record created message.