Taxes, Fees and Other Charges
- Federal Excise Tax - This is a federal tax on the purchase of certain telephone services. This tax is calculated as a percentage of your telecommunications monthly bill.
- Federal Universal Service Fund Surcharge - This surcharge funds programs to ensure affordable communications services are available across the country. All telephone service providers and providers of telecommunications must contribute and may recover these contributions from subscribers. This charge is calculated as a percentage of your telecommunications monthly bill. The rate is established by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Federal Regulatory Recovery Fee - Time Warner Cable Business Class collects this charge to recover its direct costs of compliance with federal regulatory requirements. This charge is calculated as a percentage of your telecommunications monthly bill.
- FCC Regulatory Fee - Voice - Time Warner Cable Business Class collects this fee to recover its direct costs in connection with the payment of annual FCC regulatory fees. This fee is calculated as a percentage of your telecommunications monthly bill.
- Subscriber Line Charge - The Subscriber Line Charge (SLC) is a monthly per PRI trunk charge assessed to ensure access to a continuously enhanced local network. The charge recovers some of the costs associated with delivering the service and connecting the Customer to the Company’s network.
The SLC is commonly referred to by Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECS) as an End User Common Line Charge or a Federal Subscriber Line Charge. It is not a tax or a fee charged by the government, and the money received goes directly to your service provider. The FCC regulates and caps the charge for ILECs (e.g., AT&T) but does not for CLECs or VoIP providers.
A Line Access Charge may also be assessed on business lines. Please visit www.spectrum.net/taxesandfees for more information on this charge.
And all applicable, common state taxes, fees and surcharges which vary from state to state, see below for states in your TWC Region.